Recommendations for Living at Superdensity
Schemes of between 150 and 500 homes per hectare are becoming increasingly common but are the right precautions being designed in?
- Make context the primary issue for determining schemes
- Provide some large, family dwellings
- Include private open space for all homes
- Draw up management and maintenance plans
- Consider the access to flats including security issues
- Improve sound proofing
- Design in the context of a wider masterplan
- Create an energy strategy to take advantage of density
- Collaborate closely with local authorities
- Minimise service charges, which tend to be higher in superdense schemes
To download a PDF of the full report CLICK HERE.